28 juni 2005

Pulp - gode privatdetektiver har alltid nok å gjøre



Skip the rest of the day and night here, no action, it's not worth talking about.


Pulp av Charles Bukowski er en gullgruve for de som liker gode, sjåvinistiske og destruktive sitat.

Den strålende starten kan du lese hos amazon.com.

Her er noen høydepunkt som ståle og jeg fant i felleskap:

  • I was always a leg man. It was the first thing i saw when I was born but then I was trying to get out. Ever since I've been working in the other direction and with pretty lousy luck.

  • I never saw an ass like that in my life. Beyond concept. Beyond everything. Don't bother me now. I want to think about it.

  • I capped the bottle, put it back in the drawer and wondered what I should do next. A good dick always has things to do. You've seen it in the movies.

  • If we had talking livers we wouldn't need A.A.

  • I decided to stay in bed until noon. Maybe by then half the world would be dead and it would only be half as hard to take. (...) I pulled the covers up to my neck and waited.

  • Then she walked in. Lady Death. She was dressed to kill.

  • "You're the perfect type, you're gullible, self-centered and have no character."

  • "Wait," I said, "bring me the change." "There isn't any change." "Then, consider your tip included."

  • "I got this ramrod here and I got to do something with it. I need flesh, not words!"

  • "Yours orders were No Sex with the Earthlings!"

Hvis du har lyst til å bli privatdetektiv, men ikke helt vet om det er noe for deg, så anbefales denne boka på det varmeste.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar